Monday, March 30, 2009

CORRECTION & APOLOGY

First of all I wanted to apologize to Thomas Walker and Leland Baxter-Neal, a Tico Times Journalist. My previous post was titled Construction is Nearly at a Stop and in this I referenced to Baxter-Neal's article from the Tico Times. He wrote this article about Thomas Walker, a sales director and the construction projects he is currently working on.


I misinterpreted some of the information from the article and I just wanted to make the correction and set the story straight. I said that the real estate agencies are without any work during this economic crisis. This is not completely true. The real estate agencies still have work, it is just not as much work as previously. The selling of property and the construction has slowed, but not stopped is what I mean to say.


Mr. Walker is currently building luxury homes and he is continuing on his project. “I have a very unique product, and there's a group that will always have money for that,” Walker said. Mr. Walker has already made two sales this year, both for over $1 million, according to Baxter-Neal.


"The frenzied pace of construction and real estate sales of recent years has been nearly stopped in its tracks by the financial troubles in the United States," said Leland Baxter-Neal, a Tico Times journalist. I quoted this statement in my previous post and I still stand by this to be true, however, what I am mainly trying to say is that construction has slowed due to the economic crisis but there are still some buyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment